So recently, I posted the "100 Facts About Me" and in it, I guess I wrote "I'm not very close with anyone in my family." And today, my family has been making fun of it. So let me explain.
Sure this probably sounds selfish or rude or something (I'm sure someone will misunderstand what I'm trying to say) but my point is that since Amanda and Trevor are so much older than me, (and Trevor, Jamie, and Kendra live so far away) I wouldn't say that the relationships with my siblings are very strong. I am the youngest, and I have been teased a lot, which has somewhat made me very sensitive and quick to get angry. Or, easy to pick on. My siblings (and when in the right mood, my dad) like to get a rise out of me, because it's so easy and happens so quick.
When I said that I'm not very close with anyone in my family, I somewhat meant that the relationships my other siblings have with each other are stronger than my own with them. For example, Amanda and Trevor have always been pretty close...growing up together and picking on Hannah when she was little. (In their words, I have it easy compared to her.) Also, Amanda and Hannah are close too, becacuse they have a lot of things in common. They both really like Shakespeare and I would too, if I 1. Had the patience to read it, 2. Understood any of it.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that since I am younger than all my siblings, and less mature, I either don't get what they are trying to say or I don't find half the things as funny as they do. I have my own interests, and talents, which aren't exactly the same with any of my siblings. I like to run, and Hannah likes to act. It's the mix of being so sensitive, and not having many things in common that make me think that I'm not very close with any of my siblings.
No comments:
Post a Comment