So last night, I'm not sure what happened, but my foot just decided to be difficult. I woke up this morning at about 3:30 and it really really hurt, but I thought it was just asleep, so I just kind of fell back asleep. I woke up again at 5:00 when my alarm went off, and it was still really hurting. I got up and turned my alarm clock off, and fell over. Once again, I thought it was just asleep and I waited a few minutes. I tried to stand on it again and it hurt really really bad. I was still kind of delirious, so it didn't really get through to me that something must be wrong. I just walked--or limped--to the bathroom, grabbed a chair so I wouldn't have to stand on it, and got dressed. Finally when I was doing my hair, it hit me that my foot was really actually hurting, so I went to Dad and asked if he could look at it. He did, and he said my foot was swolen, really rough, and bruised. When he touched the rough part it barely hurt, but when he touched the less swolen part more where the bone is, it hurt like no other. I'm having a lot of trouble walking without pain, so Mom and I decided I'd stay home and she'd get an appointment with the doctor. So, I just got the call from Mom telling me that it was at 2:00.
I'm not so bummed that I have to go to a doctor, or that my foot hurts a lot right now, but I'm mostly just bummed out that I can't run my last race. It was supposed to be today at Faith Lutheran, but the bus leaves at 2:30, if we don't ride the bus with the team we can't run the race, so obviously, I'm not going to be able to run it. Either way, I'm not in any position to even walk down the stairs--much less run 3 miles. So I'm pretty sad about it. Well not pretty sad...I'm actually really upset. I just wish I could make it. Maybe if the swelling goes down, I'll be able to get to Faith Lutheran to support the team.
1 comment:
I'm sorry! Let us know what is wrong! We hope you start feeling better!
Post a Comment